Wednesday, July 18
Evening Registration, Exhibit Hall and Art Exhibition Open
Conference registration and the exhibit hall are open this evening from 5 to 8 p.m. The opening reception for the 2012 AP Studio Art exhibition also takes place this evening. No workshops or sessions are scheduled for this day.
Thursday, July 19
8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
College Board–endorsed consultants lead one-day Advanced Placement® workshops.
Recommended for: new and experienced AP teachers and AP Coordinators.
During the preconference, we plan to offer workshops in the following topics:
- Art History
- AP Biology: Transitioning to Inquiry-Based Labs
- Calculus AB
- Chinese Language and Culture
- Computer Science A
- English Language
- English Literature
- Environmental Science
- French Language and Culture
- German Language and Culture
- Government and Politics: Comparative
- Human Geography
- Italian Language and Culture
- Japanese Language and Culture
- Music Theory
- Organizing Your AP Exam Administration: A Workshop for Coordinators
- Physics C
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Spanish Literature and Culture
- Studio Art
- United States History
At the conclusion of the pre conference workshops there will be the Main Conference Opening Plenary & Reception
Friday, July 20–Saturday, July 21
Concurrent sessions provide curriculum information, helpful resources and best practices.
Plenary sessions are offered by notable speakers.
Sunday, July 22
8:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
College Board–endorsed consultants lead one-day Pre-AP and AP workshops. Recommended for: administrators and middle school and AP teachers.
During the postconference we plan to offer workshops in the following AP topics:
- Building an AP® Program: A Workshop for Administrators
- Calculus BC
- European History
- Government & Politics: U. S.
- Interpersonal Communication in Pre-AP® World Languages and Cultures
- NOSCA: Use of Data as a Tool for Systemic Change for School Counselors
- Physics B
- Pre-AP®: Setting the Cornerstones for the AP Vertical Teams®
- Pre-AP® Strategies in English: Composition
- Pre-AP® Strategies in Science: Energy Systems
- Pre-AP® Strategies in Science: Inquiry-Based Labs
- Pre-AP® Strategies in Social Studies: Using Visual Materials in Middle School Classrooms
- Pre-AP®: Interdisciplinary Strategies – Argumentation and the Writing Process
- Pre-AP®: Strategies in English – Writing Tactics Using SOAPstone
- Pre-AP®: Advanced Topics for Vertical Teams in Mathematics – Assessments
- Pre-AP®: Advanced Topics for Vertical Teams® in Social Studies – Developing Reading Habits
- Pre-AP® Strategies in English: Differentiated Instruction in Middle School Language Arts
- Pre-AP® Strategies in English: Rhetoric
- Pre-AP® Strategies in English: Beyond Acronyms: Inquiry-Based Close Reading
- Pre-AP® Strategies in Mathematics: Analyzing and Describing Data
- Pre-AP® Strategies in Mathematics: Using Technology to Understand Linear Equations
- Pre-AP® Strategies in Mathematics: Developing Algebraic Thinking
- Pre-AP® Strategies in Mathematics: Rate
- Pre-AP®: Instructional Leadership: Using Data to Improve Student Performance
- Pre-AP® Strategies in History and the Social Sciences: Crafting Historical Arguments
- Pre-AP®: Effective Thinking Strategies for All Students
- Pre-AP® Strategies: AP Vertical Teams® in World Languages and Cultures
- Pre-AP® Interdisciplinary Strategies for English and the Social Sciences
- World History